Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jen's Pind Linkage



This is one of my favorite chainmaille weaves to make and also known to as JPL3. The 3 stands for the number of rings that are looped through each other within the repeated pattern. The Jen's Pind Linkage weave can be made in 3, 5, 7, 9, and I even saw one done in 11. The hardest part is being sure that the repeating rings lay upon each other in a stepping formation. It took me a little while to learn it, but once I did I found it to assemble quite easily. I started with some 18 gauge jump rings at first and then moved on to some larger 14 gauge rings when I made this copper bracelet pictured to the left. I probably should have started with the large gauge rings first. Oh well, live and learn. I must say that I have gotten quite good at making small chains in this weave.

I found this video that helped me get started with weave and helps explain how important it is to keep your stepping ring pattern going the same way. If you don't, you'll have rings out of order that don't create any pattern at all. Good luck!

Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment